Westchase Surgery Center
10901 Sheldon Road
Tampa, FL 33626
Phone: (813) 343-3101
Fax: (813) 920-5963
Nurses Fax: (813) 343-3115
If you are a physician interested in partnership opportunities...
- Please talk to your doctor about any daily medications you are currently taking.
Be sure to mention any over the counter medications, including herbal supplements.
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water) after 12:00 AM (midnight) unless
your physician instructs you differently.
- Take a bath or shower the night before
or morning of the surgery.
- Brush your teeth but do not swallow the water.
from smoking the evening prior and do not drink alcohol 24 hours before surgery.
THE DAY OF SURGERY
- It is important that you arrive promptly at the scheduled time.
- We encourage
you to ask any questions you might have.
- Let the staff know of any special needs
you might have.
- Bring a picture ID and insurance cards with you. Bring forms (pre-op
orders, history and physical copies of labs and EKG) from your physician if requested.
- If you are taking prescription medications, bring your medications or a complete
list of your medications, including the dosage and frequency.
- Arrange for a family
member or friend to wait in the waiting room. You must have a responsible person
to drive you home and make any necessary stops at the pharmacy after your surgery.
- Do not wear make-up.
- Valuables (i.e. all jewelry and money) should be left at home.
- You may wear glasses,
but no contact lenses.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Dizziness is normal after receiving anesthesia; therefore you should wait 24
hours after returning home before:
- Driving or operating equipment
- Signing important
- Making significant decisions
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
- Taking any medications that are not prescribed or acknowledged by
- Be sure to
follow any specific post operative instructions given to you by your physician regarding
diet, exercise, rest, activities, and medication. A written summary of these will
be provided to you prior to your release.
- Notify your doctor if you notice any
abnormalities at the operative site.